Segway i2 Personal Transporter Review
Even though the costs of owning one is high, SEGWAY was instrumental in popularising the idea (2002 to 2013) of using a battery-powered electric vehicle, that’s able to uses gyroscopic sensors and accelerometer-based leveling sensors to detect and alter directional angles, while maintaining balance, and propelling its wheels forward or backward, to commute.
Pros: The Original Self Balancing Scooter Brand. Fun. Easy to learn.
Cons: Expensive. Dated. Stagnant.
1. Segway has been purchased by Ninebot, a China-based competitor that makes similar-looking personal transportation in early 2015.
2. The Segway brand has also been plagued by negative publicity surrounding the death of the owner of the company that makes Segway motorised scooters. In an unfortunate freak accident, he died while riding one of their own vehicles off a cliff on 26 September 2010.
- Maximum Speed: 12.5 miles per hour
- Range: 16 to 24 miles
- Weight Capacity: 100 to 250 lbs
- Costs on average 12 cents a day to charge.
324012 Segway i2 Personal Upright Transporter 3899 mi by TechSurplusDepot
Segway Style Personal Transporter i2 pt Style Electric Stand on Scooter for sale by Millard Jacobs
#TBT: SEGWAY CHALLENGE WITH JIM + JOE by DailyMix
How Segway Works by Largest Dams
Click on pictures for more information and to browse at Amazon.